Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Passions Combined!

So this year I am on the Women's Retreat Committee at my church. My mom is co-chairing the event so I could hardly get out of it even if I wanted to, but to be honest I was the one who actually approached her asking if I could be a part of it.

If you can't already tell I'm a passionate person. When I'm into something I'm into it.

So it's not surprising that I'm into this retreat.
Two things (of many) the Lord has given me a heart and passion for are:
Helping women discover who it is they truly are apart from all the noise and clutter of this world we live in.
Encouraging others to live boldly in authenticity and transparency, using the gifts they've received to serve and bless others.

And I can't tell you how much it gladdens my heart to see that these two passions of mine will be the focus of this years retreat. Coincidence? I think not. It seems to be a theme the Lord has been circulating not only in my heart, but within my family, circle of friends, and church too!

Another perk of being on the retreat committee is that I get to be in on developing the overall aesthetic of what's going to be an awesome weekend. Just as my blog tagline states I love all things (to be) beautiful. So I was floored when this lady agreed to design our logo/image for the retreat. Not only is she an incredible individual but a beautiful and extremely talented artist.

Below is the artwork she created for our upcoming retreat plus a couple other samples of her work. Thanks Aly!
And if this retreat sounds like something you'd be interested in attending (for women only - sorry guys) click here to find out more or to register. I promise you it will be an awesome and life-changing weekend not to be missed!






Images attributed to Alyson Redding found at:

1 comment:

Alyson Redding said...

I am just now catching up on your blog and saw this entry. You are awfully sweet! Thank you, thank you.

Ashley & I want to treat you to dinner sometime soon! Now that the Sleeping Beauty madness is over, we're hoping you'll have some free time. When do you get back from NY?