Thursday, July 15, 2010

... all dressed in white....

Here comes the Bride... All dressed in white... doo dah de dah, do do dah, de de dah....
Does anyone actually know how that song ends - like the lyrics? I remember singing it as a little girl when my friends and I played dress up.
You know... One of us would be draped in a white sheet with a smelly dandelion bouquet and the other would either be the pastor, the bridesmaid, or if we couldn't wrangle my little brother into being the groom... Yeah. I think you get the picture. I feel like I rarely was wearing the sheet... But I still don't know the end of that stupid tune.

Anyway, last week it was my dear friend Corene DenHerder's turn to wear the sheet - the real sheet. And she looked so beautiful!
In general, as a single person, weddings can either be depressing or inspiring. This wedding was definitely the latter. Miraculously it was an absolutely gorgeous day - there wasn't a cloud in that endless blue sky; a miracle considering that this is the Northwest, and also that just 2 days before it was one of the coldest 4th of July's I can recollect. And apart from the DJ forgetting the best man's name right before the toasts, he actually played some killer songs! I was dancing even before the dancing began.

But what really set this wedding apart for me was the story of the bride and groom - how they met, how they dated and how they love each other. Having been in a Discipleship group with Corene for years, I have known how patiently and persistently she's been praying for her husband - but not from a heart of desperation, but full of peace and assurance that He had someone out there for her that He was preparing. And man did He do a great job! Their relationship is an example to me of not only answered prayers, but of the Lord's perfect provision and perfect timing.

So cheers to you Mr. & Mrs. Repnik aka Dave and Corene!!!! May the Lord bless you abundantly in this new adventure He's has you both on side-by-side, hand-in-hand. I love you guys and thanks for an incredible party!

PS - Here's a couple photos of the happy couple and this amazing day taken by the amazing Rachel Harris.





No comments: