Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Return of the Jedi?

Random. This title is random. I am random. But I am not a Jedi... And while "Return of the Jedi" was probably the best film in the Star Wars Trilogy, let's be honest here... this post is not about Star Wars and it's not even really a "return."

The fact of the matter is, I haven't posted anything here for far too long. Far too long.
And while there are plenty of things I could, should and will write about, tonight is not the night.
As the beautiful hymn says, "I am tired. I am weak. I am worn." I need the Lord to guide my feet and hold my hand. I'm feeling hard pressed on every side. But considering all that's happened within the last two weeks (things I promise to share with you in the days ahead) I have to say I'm not surprised at the weariness, or the attempts of the Enemy to discourage and derail me. He's crafty that one. What I am ashamed to admit is how often I allow him to succeed in getting me down.
But I'm reminded that the battle is fought and won. I must keep my eyes fixed on the Author and Perfecter of my faith, and with a heart of gratitude, joyfully praise Him for all the miracles and answered prayers He's allowed me to witness. I must let His joy be my strength, and I must claim the victory I have in Him, clinging to His promises to guide and direct me, provide for me and encourage me as I submit myself to Him.
I'm sorry if this sounds like a sermon, and I'm sorry if it's super vague and ambiguous. It is - vague and ambiguous. But it's just been one of those days, and I guess I'm just sharing with you what's on my heart. If anything my prayer is that it encourages you, especially if you're feeling, well, weary, tired, frustrated... alone. You're not alone.
For now that's all I've got. It's time for bed. Someone's texting me in 8.5 hours, reminding me of how I need to start my day - but that's for another post.
Till then, blessings to whomever still reads this.

~Spock

No comments: