Thursday, December 2, 2010

Drum role please...

Well lots has happened in the last half a month, but I have a some big news I've waited 4 months to announce. That is till now. So...

Drum role please...

I, Jessika Christine Anspach am officially an authoress. I've been published!

Giddiness, excitement, pride and joy - I'm a dichotomous mix of proud parent and kid in a candy shop. But for the most part, I'm just really humbled and overwhelmed with a profound sense of gratitude for not only the opportunity to write and share my heart, but also for the encouragement, support and kind words so many have offered to me regarding this article. Words truly cannot express how blessed I've been.

So without further adieu...

Here is a link (although I strongly recommend purchasing a hard copy - it's really so much better with all the great photos and little tips from my other PNB cohorts) to my published article in the December issue of Dance Magazine appropriately titled "Surviving Nutcracker."


And that is what I aim to do, and why I must say "adieu." Tomorrow I get to be both the Ballerina Doll and the Peacock... it doesn't get much better than that! And on a Friday night too! Woo Hooo!!!!

Tune in for more very soon... there is oh so much to say, but a final must be taken before I can pass go and collect $200...
I hope you enjoy the article and I hope it inspires you to come to PNB's Nutcracker. You won't want to miss it!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

My son Keegan and I (aka Fritz) just read your article today backstage. We loved it! Thank you.

blessings,
sue

Jessika Anspach said...

Thanks Sue! It's so much fun getting to dance with him in Grandfather's dance (when I'm Frau). You have a wonderful son... thanks for loaning him to me for a scene. ;) And I'm so glad you enjoyed the article!

Jessika

Hannah Lovett said...

Congrats Jessika! I love your blog and am fan of PNB and ballet in general. Check out my blog some time @ 21annah.blogspot.com, it's called "I Can only Imagine". Keep up the good writing!
Hannah

Rachel said...

I'm a student at Oklahoma City Ballet. We saw this article, and all of us loved it! It's all so true. It said that you were a blogger, and I was so glad to find it and spend some of my morning reading it. It was fantastic! I love everything that you have to say, and you are a great writer. Good luck surviving the rest of Nutcracker! I'm sure that it has been and will continue to be stupendous.