Sunday, March 4, 2012

Shoes

Well this is gonna be a short one... in fifteen minutes I need to be out the door and on my way to a lovely Sunday dinner, but I absolutely must post something before I head out that door. My grade depends on it. Literally.

It's a gloomy grey March day. Typical.

Yesterday was absolutely glorious! My car at one point said it hit 60˚F! Granted my car often tells me lies, but this one I wanted to believe. I had the windows rolled down as I drove over the 520 bridge listening to Arcade Fire's Haiti. Man that's a great song. Makes me want to head somewhere sunny and park it on the beach with a book and an enormous floppy straw hat. Yeah. That sounds nice.

But I digress...

The point is today is not yesterday. Yesterday I wore my light airy sundress with leggings and ballet flats. Today I had to change out of my Sunday attire into jeans, a big sweater and my rubber Hunter rain boots. You see I'm hoping to go for a walk... yes. In the grey. In the muck. But fresh air and vitamin D (however low in dose) are vitally important. As are the proper shoes. Hunter rain boots. Check.

Well there are some other shoes that have been on my mind lately. They too are vitally important to my success. The first pair I'm thinking of seem to be a kind of cruel torture device inflicted on young girls who dream of floating... Yes, they are pointe shoes. No, they're not made of wood.

I'm notorious at PNB for wearing my shoes the longest - in part because I can just wear dead shoes (I think my feet are crazy strong), and in part because I just don't sew them (I think I'm just crazy lazy) . In fact I have a confession to make. Since Nutcracker I have sewn... wait for it.... ONE pair of pointe shoes. Yes. You heard me. One. Uno. That's it.
Well it's time to sew a new pair... okay maybe two or three pairs of "the boots" as I like to call them.
Friday I hit an all-time low. Literally scrounging for a left shoe and a right shoe that would keep me somewhat supported on pointe I managed to come up with this combo.


Pretty funny. Pretty sad. Well they worked. And man those Peacock shoes last forever. They're magic shoes. I think it's something about the dye. But again, I digress.


But the other pair of shoes I've been thinking about are another kind altogether...
"Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace." ~ Ephesians 6:14-15
Well I wonder what those shoes look like. Maybe they look like Hunter rain boots. Maybe they look those mismatched ones above... Hmm. The Lord knows.



1 comment:

WBA said...

Hehehe!!! "Pretty funny. Pretty sad." Great work, Sika. Miss you — let's talk before I'm Phone-less in Switzerland. (Movie? What do you think?)

Love you tons!