Saturday, August 28, 2010

Surprises

This week I've been surprised by receiving two packages in the mail - purchases I made online long ago that I'd forgotten about and then... SURPRISE! They're there sitting at my front door waiting to just pop out of their box. In general I'm not a fan of surprises. I'm a planner. I like to not only know what's coming, but have sufficient time to prepare for it as well ( a very realistic view/outlook on life...). Surprises annoy me. Well, that is, they did. I think I'm kind of warming up to surprises now - even if I'm the one surprising myself.

So here's surprise number one:

A beautiful chiffon dress by Mara Hoffman from Gilt.com
But with all these surprises I realize I need to do some Spring - wait... Fall closet cleaning. Particularly purging it of dresses. This tasks inspires the wretched feeling that accompanies actual retching/purging, akin to nails scratching a chalkboard, but it must be done. I'm running out of hangers.

No comments: